Saturday, February 6, 2010

Can i use my ps3 controller to play games on my desktop computer?

a friend of mine is interested in getting a game for his computer, although he is familiar with the ASWD control format, he much prefers the PS3 controller. so i was wondering if there was a way for him to use my PS3 controller on his computer to play games.Can i use my ps3 controller to play games on my desktop computer?
yes, it is actually very easy to do, all you need is the controller plugged into the pc with the usb cable and some drivers you can download. your best option is to search this topic on youtube, you will get loads of tutorials online and so just choose the one with the best rating and there you go. I use my ps3 controller to play mugen and my xbox 360 controller can also be used.Can i use my ps3 controller to play games on my desktop computer?
If you have a modern OS, you don't need any drivers. Just plug the ps3 controller in via its charge/play cable and it will be detected as a 28-axis gamepad.





You will probably have to do some configuring, so here is the usual default scheme:





left stick: axes 0,1


right stick: axes 2,3





PS: button 0


select: button 0 or 4


start: button 4


d-pad up, right, down, left: buttons 5-8


l2, r2, l1, r1: buttons 9-12


triangle, circle, x, square: buttons 13-16





r3 and l3 won't usually work.





Each button can also be used as an axis, I don't know their axis numbers though. If you can find a small utility called ';jscal'; and emulate linux, you'll be able to see the axis numbers. Normally you would use only the l2 and r2 as axes.
Follow the link below to a directory of PS2 %26amp; PS3 to USB adapters, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment