Monday, February 8, 2010

What should be the qualification to become an air traffic controller? What might be their salary per month?

I took the test back in 1980.


I had to take a written test of intelligence that lasted about 3 hours. There were about 100 other people in the room.


You have to be less than 30 years old. Your eyesight had to be VERY good, without eyeglasses.


I was accepted, and continued the process......


After you pass that written test with a high enough score, then you go to the police to be finger-printed for the government job.


Later, you have to take a health physical, paid for by the FAA, and you had to have an interview with the nearest Air Traffic Contoller boss at some airport.


THEN, you had to go to Texas for a few weeks training.


Then they place you at some airport...anywhere. for me it was Chatanooga, TENN. or Miami, florida.





I hated Miami, 'cause I had lived there for 5 years. And I had just bought a house in Ohio, so I didn't want to sell it and move to another city. In 1980, the salary was not fantastic, but the benefits were very good. Free flights on many airlines.


I never became an Air Traffic Controller.

No comments:

Post a Comment